PDF By Hand
Now you can use a Wacom tablet for handwriting practice!
Peterson is proud to bring handwriting instruction and practice into the digital age. Open a PDF file in this software and use your pen to write on the pages. Print the page if you wish. Attach it to Email to send handwritten greetings and thank-you notes.
The software is available alone, or with preloaded E-workbooks for teaching and practice of handwriting at every level, print and cursive. Talk about going green. Imagine handwriting practice that does not require reams of practice paper. Save a practice page on day one, and compare it on screen with the next attempt to show progress. The workbook pages can be used again and again.
- Select a PDF document page for instruction or practice to open it in the writing frame.
- Print the page for entry level students to provide movement instruction by finger-tracing the models.
- Use the tablet to practice the movement sequences and improve motor control.
- Choose to save the page with the handwriting in place for comparison to the effort saved on another day, or refresh and try again.
- The E-workbook document pages can be used as often as needed to develop mastery.
- Adjust the zoom for gross-motor and fine-motor in infinite stages on any page.
- Print the page with the handwriting in place if you wish.
- Saved pages are individual PDF documents that can be attached to email and opened by anyone with Acrobat Reader.
- Select colors for pen strokes and adjust the stroke thickness.
- Open any PDF document that is not secured to add handwritten annotations.
- Create your own PDF worksheets for spelling and vocabulary practice in PDF By Hand.
- Fill out and sign forms sent to you in PDF format.
- A "Touch" tablet allows writing with a finger when set to touch mode.
- A special challenge is presented by writing on the tablet to produce traces on the screen. As you would expect, this activity is extremely engaging. The result is great motivation and enhanced participation by the internal motor system we are trying to program.
- The motivation to attend to the task should have a positive effect on attention problems.
- The tracking challenge will benefit those with visual tracking problems.
- The ability to adjust each page for gross or fine motor production offers opportunity to take advantage of the latest research indicating the need to improve gross patterns first at any age.
- The software installer is downloaded to your computer so there is no shipping limit or cost.
- PDF By Hand can be purchased with E-workbooks pre-loaded. Choose print levels only, cursive levels only, or all levels.
- A Note Pad and a Picture Pad for drawing are also included in each bundle.
- You can arrange a live software demonstration on line by phone or email.
- The software works fine for pen use with older Wacom Models like the Graphire series. It should also work with any other Win-tab compliant tablet, but only the Wacom has been tested.
Would you like a demonstration of the software?
To request an on-line demo, use this mail-to link.
Would you like to review the E-workbooks?
Use this link to review each page.
Visit our Information Directory for free presentations on handwriting instruction.
Visit our Web Store to browse all of our products for handwriting skill development.
Visit and bookmark our Welcome Page today.
Need a Wacom Tablet? Visit the experts at NeuroScript.
Copyright©2010, Rand H. Nelson